Thursday, December 5, 2013

Clara's 1950s Snowflake Dress


Clara’s dress is perfect for a winter party or a Christmas dinner.  The dress has a classic 1950s silhouette, with a fitted bodice and sleeves, and a wide circle skirt.

The sweetheart neckline was very popular in the 1950s, but this one is unusual since it has a fully curved neck with no straight lines, as most sweetheart necklines have. The wide waistline is trimmed with five ribbons, adding a nice element of design to the dress. The wide skirt is decorated with embroidered snowflakes.

A pillbox hat and some flat shoes finish off Clara’s Christmas ensemble.

The original dress was a deep blue silk with silver embroidered snowflakes. The hat matched the dress.

To print Clara's dress, use this PDF file:


Clara is a free, printable paper doll. Clara will be available on this blog as long as I continue to post new fashion pages for her. You can read the introduction for the Clara paper doll here.

To print the Clara paper doll, use this PDF file:

4 comments:

  1. When I clicked on the link to the dress, it opened up to Clara's Dress 78 which is 1993 dropped waist dress instead of dress 75.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not again! I keep doing that, and I thought I was checking this time. I've updated that. That's what I get for changing the lineup. I thought some Christmas dresses would be fun for December, and postponed the 1993 dress.

      Delete
  2. I am so pleased and excited to have discovered your wonderful blog and your wonderful paper dolls. I particularly like all the beautiful historical dresses you've done for Clara. I'd like to feature your blog on my paper doll blog and I couldn't find a way to email you. Please drop me a line at paperthinpersonas (at) gmail (dot) com, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen your blog before, and it's great! My email is heritagepaperdolls (at) gmail (dot) com. You don't like spam, either? :-)

      Delete

Clara's 1841 Easter Rose Dress

Clara's dress for this week is a reposted copy of her pretty day dress trimmed with roses, suitable for Easter. In the 1840s, the slope-...